Propeller 2 (P2 or P2X8C4M64P)
Propeller 2 Live Forums
Early Adopter Series - Presentations and discussion around programming tools, languages, hardware, applications, code examples, and projects of all kinds. Learn, lurk, and ask questions.
Join the P2 Community Newsletter and Follow Parallax Social Sites.
- July 28, 2020: Propeller 2 Live Forum: Peter Jakacki Presents P2D2!
- July 21, 2020: Team Oz Presents “MicroPython with the P2”
- July 12, 2020: Propeller 2 Live Forum - Chip Gracey presents “Spin 2 Debug with Runtime Expression Reporting”
- July 7, 2020: Propeller 2 Live Forum - Early Adopters Meeting on Wednesday + Evaluation Board Update
- June 30, 2020: Invitation to Propeller 2 Live Forum - Eric Smith’s FlexGUI, P2ES Rev C pre-order, Propeller Tool, and new Spin2 objects
- June 23, 2020: Display, GUI and Multimedia Options with the Propeller 2
- June 14, 2020: Propeller 2 Live Forums - Early Adopter Series First Zoom, Propeller Tool 2nd Alpha, and TeamOz’s MicroPython
- June 8, 2020: Propeller Tool Alpha Release for Windows Supports P2X8C4M64P (P2)
- June 3, 2020: 7,000 P2X8C4M64P-ES Revision C Chips Arrived at Parallax
- March 23, 2020: Propeller 2 Revision C (P2X8C4M64P-ES) Schedule and COVID-19
- December 30, 2019: “Chat with Chip” Webinar follow-up, survey of P2 language interests, white paper by Richard Morrison, update on P2 Evaluation Boards
- December 14, 2019: How to order trays of P2 chips, preliminary pricing, “Chat with Chip” webinar registration
- January 25, 2019: P2 evaluation board add-ons available.
Videos & Articles
P2 Object Exchange
The object exchange is a collection of community and Parallax developed source code objects for the Propeller, also known as libraries. They are free to use under the MIT license.
Propeller 2 early adopters may experiment with two options: 1) limited-edition boards and silicon engineering samples (below) or, 2) design emulation on supported FPGAs (following).
Parallax Boards and Silicon
On the following product pages, expand the Downloads and Additional Resources tabs for documentation, schematics, and more.
- Propeller 2 Products - All P2-related products
- P2-ES Eval Board - For experimentation with the P2 engineering samples (2nd release, Rev B silicon)
- HyperRAM - Limited edition, 16 MB HyperRAM + 32 MB HyperFlash add-on board for P2-ES
- Protoboard - Prototyping board for P2-ES to create custom circuitry with the Propeller 2 microcontroller
- P2-ES Accessory Set - Eight accessory boards in one kit - for the P2-ES board
- (a) Control - four pushbuttons and four LEDs
- (b) Serial Host - twin USB type A sockets
- (c) LED Matrix - a 8x7 grid of green LEDs for Charlieplexing
- (d) Digital Video Out - HDMI-type connector
- (e) Mini Prototyping - 8x12 grid of plated thru-holes with labled power and I/O
- (f) Serial Device - two microUSB type sockets with individual activity LEDs
- (g) Goertzel - a set of non-contact position sensing pads
- (h) A/V Breakout - 3.5mm Audio in/out, four RCA audio/video, VGA
- Propeller Tool - Parallax P1 & P2 IDE (built for Windows)
- PNut - Parallax P2 IDE (built for Windows- can be used with wine on Linux and MacOS)
- PNut v34uc - for P2 Rev B/C (2nd/3rd ES silicon) [3rd is slated as production version] as used on the Rev C P2 Eval boards. Supports debugging. See P2 Spin2 Launguage documentation’s DEBUG details
- PNut v34ta - for P2 Rev B/C (2nd/3rd ES silicon) [3rd is slated as production version] as used on the Rev C P2 Eval boards. Supports debugging. See P2 Spin2 Launguage documentation’s DEBUG details
- PNut v32i - for P2 Rev A (1st -ES silicon, as used on the Rev A P2 Eval boards)
- FlexGUI (formerly Spin2gui) - IDE for P1 and P2 Spin,
C by Eric R. Smith
- SpinEdit - IDE for P1 and P2 Spin, Spin2, and FastBasic by Rayman
Full details here.