Propeller 2 Developer Site
A collection of resources for Propeller Community members.
How Do I Find Out The Latest?
- View the “Chat with Chip About P2” Webinar - 12/18/2019 - in this informal-style webinar, Chip demonstrates some P2 capabilities and answers many attendee questions along the way
- Read “Evaluating the Parallax Propeller P2 Chip” by Richard J. S. Morrison - 12/16/2019 - an exploration of the P2’s unique capabilities and extensive, powerful instruction set
- Follow Parallax Social Sites and Join the P2 Community Newsletter - be sure to select P2 Community and submit your email address. See previous newsletters below:
- December 30, 2019: YouTube Link to December “Chat with Chip” Webinar, survey of P2 language interests, white paper by Richard Morrison, update on P2 Demo Boards
- December 12, 2019: How to order trays of P2 chips, preliminary pricing, “Chat with Chip” webinar registration
- January 1, 2019: P2 evaluation board add-ons available.
- View or join the discussions in the Propeller 2 Forum
Propeller 2 early adopters may experiment with two options: 1) limited-edition boards and silicon engineering samples (below) or, 2) design emulation on supported FPGAs (following).
Parallax Boards and Silicon
On the following product pages, expand the Downloads and Additional Resources tabs for documentation, schematics, and more.
- Propeller 2 Products - All P2-related products
- P2-ES Eval Board - For experimentation with the P2 engineering samples (2nd release, Rev B silicon)
- HyperRAM - Limited edition, 16 MB HyperRAM + 32 MB HyperFlash add-on board for P2-ES
- Protoboard - Prototyping board for P2-ES to create custom circuitry with the Propeller 2 microcontroller
- P2-ES Accessory Set - Eight accessory boards in one kit - for the P2-ES board
- (a) Control - four pushbuttons and four LEDs
- (b) Serial Host - twin USB type A sockets
- (c) LED Matrix - a 8x7 grid of green LEDs for Charlieplexing
- (d) Digital Video Out - HDMI-type connector
- (e) Mini Prototyping - 8x12 grid of plated thru-holes with labled power and I/O
- (f) Serial Device - two microUSB type sockets with individual activity LEDs
- (g) Goertzel - a set of non-contact position sensing pads
- (h) A/V Breakout - 3.5mm Audio in/out, four RCA audio/video, VGA
- PNut - Parallax P2 IDE (built for Windows- can be used with wine on Linux and MacOS)
- PNut v33L - for P2 Rev B (2nd -ES silicon, as used on the Rev B P2 Eval boards and available in the P2 sample 4-packs)
- PNut v32i - for P2 Rev A (1st -ES silicon, as used on the Rev A P2 Eval boards)
- FlexGUI (formerly Spin2gui) - IDE for P1 and P2 Spin,
C by Eric R. Smith